All Info About Teen Reading

A companion blog to All Info About Teen Reading

Monday, October 20, 2008

National Book Award Finalists - Young People's Literature

The National Book Award finalists were recently announced, including five authors in the young people's literature category:

  • Laurie Halse Anderson, Chains (Simon & Schuster)
  • Kathi Appelt, The Underneath (Atheneum)
  • Judy Blundell, What I Saw and How I Lied (Scholastic)
  • E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks (Hyperion)
  • Tim Tharp, The Spectacular Now (Alfred A. Knopf)

You can read more about the finalists at the official National Book Award site.

I had completely missed the fact that Laurie Halse Anderson had a new book out. It's historically-based like Fever 1793, which I didn't enjoy as much as Speak or Twisted. However, those are also some tough books to compare yourself to, so I'm still excited and I've placed it on hold at my library.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home