All Info About Teen Reading

A companion blog to All Info About Teen Reading

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Quick Book Review - Born to Rock by Gordon Korman


I've always been a fan of Gordon Korman, and I was excited to find his newest book at the library a few weeks ago. (Now, Born to Rock really wasn't that new; it came out in 2006. I guess I just missed out on the release.)

Straight-laced Leo is shocked to find out that his long-lost biological father may actually be one of the grandfathers of punk rock. He's horrified until a chain of events leaves him looking for a new source of college funding. Will a summer on the road with his new dad lead to some parental financial support? Will he even be alive after a summer of punk rock touring? Born to Rock brought the humor I've come to expect from a Gordon Korman book, but it also had a serious side that I thought added depth to the story. I definitely recommend it.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home