All Info About Teen Reading

A companion blog to All Info About Teen Reading

Monday, February 26, 2007

Book Review - Seven Daughters and Seven Sons

Seven Daughters and Seven Sons by Barbara Cohen and Bahija Lovejoy is a novel about one young woman's quest for acceptance in the historic Middle East. It is a good book that has never gotten much attention, as far as I am aware. I picked it up after attending a session at a social studies conference on incorporating more information about the Middle East in the classroom. It's interesting in its own right, but it would also make a great cross-curricular piece in conjunction with a study of the history and cultures of the Middle East. I find I tend to think about this book in teacher terms because I first learned about it in an educational context, but from a pure reader standpoint, I thought it was a good coming-of-age tale if you're interested in historical fiction.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home